28 March 2011

A new job

What strange and wonderful magic is at work in my life? Two weeks ago, after my (second lot of) 7 years of long service at the art school fell due, I started looking for another job. I submitted an application for a position at the music conservatorium which was well paid and had great conditions and prestige, but quite frankly I wasn't overly enthusiastic about it. Two days later I saw a job advertised that appeared to be my ultimate dream job; a job where I could utilise and build on my professional skills and experience, a job that accorded with my spiritual practice, a job that fulfilled every single criteria I'd wished for, a job in a working environment so perfect for me that I never thought it possible. I put in an application last Monday, the same day it was advertised. They called me on Tuesday to arrange an interview for Friday morning, which was the day I had taken off work to set off camping (so I didn't have to fabricate an excuse to take time off work for the interview). I knew, without a doubt that this was to be my next job. I wasn't hoping to get it, I EXPECTED TO. I hardly slept for the three days before the interview. I was so excited, so inspired. I could feel something brewing, I could feel the powerful forces at work and the undercurrent of the invisible swell sweeping me along with it. I knew what the outcome of the interview would be and was in awe of the magical process creating the circumstances to bring it about. I was flowing fast in the middle of the whirlwind of change, and my mind was spinning along with it. Inspired and excited by the possibilities of this job, this life change, I laid awake, my heart beating in time with accelerated velocity, my eyes on fire with what I was seeing and feeling. I packed up the car with all my camping gear last night, read up everything I could find about the employer (a college that trains counsellors, art therapists and transpersonal counsellors), wrote down all the ideas flooding into my mind that I could bring to the job, and fronted up to the interview at 9am this morning. I wasn't nervous, I was excited to be so aware of, and consciously participating in this extraordinary manifestation of destiny. The college was exactly as I envisaged it to be - the workplace, the set up, the staff, the state of the college. I was interviewed by the two owners (both of them counsellors and lecturers) and we talked back and forth for over an hour. I think my enthusiasm for what I could do for them was infectious. It felt like a perfect marriage. They ended by saying there were a few more applicants to interview next week and they'd call me by next Friday. I left that interview knowing the job was absolutely perfect for me and I was perfect for them - it couldn't go to anyone else. From there I set off camping. One hour later my mobile phone rang. I got the job. They weren't even going to interview the others. Job hunting is daunting - it can be intimidating to put so much effort into applications and not get interviews, or get interviews and then get rejected over and over. I was honestly expecting to be applying for jobs for at least 6 months before finally getting one way below my current salary. Instead, I get the first job I am interviewed for , it is my dream job, and they've offered me more money than what I asked for. Having worked at the art school for 15 years, saying goodbye to my beloved artists, staff and art students will be difficult. I'll be leaving behind the creative and excitingly edgy world of visual artists to enter the unfamiliar (but deeply fascinating) territory of transpersonal counsellors. Magic is at work....a new life phase begins...

6 comments:

Kaivalya said...

Congratulations! This is absolutely wonderful. It's rare to receive such a clear and direct 'message from the Universe.' I can't wait to hear how it all unfolds for you.

P.S. The 'word verfication' for this post was 'angeldin'.

Sarah said...

so happy to see your life unfolding from within and without! May the grip of expectations soften as you transition to this new endeavor. and not too shabby to be earning more than that which you had asked! have a wonderful adventure.

The Domestic Yogi said...

I couldn't be more inspired, or more happy for you. Well done! I am so glad it all unfolded for you :)

The Domestic Yogi said...

p.s. Trying to inspire more moms to continue their yoga practice after baby....check out my pic. If you like it please push RATE to cast your vote. You can vote once a day until April 15, and I would greatly appreciate it!

http://talentsearch.yogajournal.com/view/2597

ariana said...

Congratulations! Definitely meant to be.

inder said...

Sivananda ashram Yoga retreat Bahamas offers course of deaf yoga retreat with Lila Lolling, an experienced yoga teacher and the founder of Deaf Yoga Foundation

retreat yoga